Building the foundation for an ethical clothing brand has been a long journey and I've learned so much along the way.
- From being inspired by the elegant women at the top NYC restaurants at which I hostessed during the evenings to earn extra income to start my line.
- To working for designers Betsey Johnson, Anna Sui, and Paul Smith, meeting them and wanting so badly to experience their lives as designers.
- Working in sales for designers like these gave me comfort dressing women one-on-one (and men at Paul Smith) in fitting rooms.
- Assisting A-list celebrity fashion stylists for 8 years equipped me with a high-level fashion aesthetic and comfort working on photo shoot sets with models, hair, makeup, and photographers. It also equipped me with a comfort collaborating with global luxury fashion brands like Chanel, Louis Vuitton, and Prada in order to put their product on clients.
- Finally working at W magazine as a freelancer allowed me to have an inside peek into the editorial world and its mechanics.
As life often does if you let it, all of my education and career experience prepared me for where I am today. My love of stylish women, desire to create fashion with compassion and habit for coloring outside the lines gave me the foundation to launch a brand with culture, color, and conscience. I hope you love what my team of women creatives across the globe and I have developed.
If this is your first time seeing the brand, I wanted to give you a retrospective of how we arrived at this point. From my first baby collection of 7 dresses, this mad and magical journey began. These are images from my past collections starting in 2009.
My dream is to make your feel confident, beautiful and connected to other women in our global community.